You are here
This position is now filled
- Transport Planner
- Expanding Haulage Business - West Yorkshire
About Our Client
Haulage business based in West Yorkshire requires a Transport Planner to join their operation during an exciting period of growth.
Responsibilities will include :
- Decide the prioritised collection requirements of suppliers, based on their communication and your analysis and route vehicles into site accordingly
- Communicate with Sales and Sales-Admin staff to customer's delivery requirements
- Monitor vehicle progress throughout the day and make decisions on re-routing accordingly
- Communicate routing decisions to drivers including all necessary and accurate delivery/collection information - names, addresses, phone numbers, etc.
- Communicate with sub-contractors
- Provide instruction according to factory clearance requirements
- Liaise with department colleagues and ensure trucks and trailers are routed for servicing
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must possess the ability to achieve the following:
- Identifies customer requirements with the customer and develops plans to meet them.
- Routinely challenges current practices to identify and deliver value improvements and solutions
- Develops strong working relationships and has regular contact
- Personally evaluates risk and makes contingency plans accordingly.
- Stays focused on the end result expected
- Sees through to completion the results that are set out to be achieved.
- Considers others when making decisions.
- Involves others appropriately in decision making and communicates the outcome clearly.
- Recognises what good looks like and works to achieve it.
- Strives to deliver continuous improvement in the business to deliver growth.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be offered a salary of up to Â£25,000