You are here
- A large manufacturing business with great prospects
- A dynamic candidate required with a drive to rise to a challenge
About Our Client
Our client is a growing manufacturing business focused in Derbyshire in the East Midlands. Their operation is currently observing growth at a very fast pace and they are rapidly expanding their current team. Focused upon the manufacturing sector, they are in the process in investing in growing their physical transport assets.
As a Transport Planner you will report directly in to the company's Operations Manager on a daily basis. Additionally, you will join a strong existing team who have the drive and passion to succeed in this fast-paced operation
- Liaising directly with 3rd party transport suppliers
- Assist in negotiating rates with both customers and transport providers
- Focus on providing efficiency's within the transport network, in order to maximise profits
- Aim to plan for around 300 loads of materials each week
- Successfully plan a large national transport network
- Aim to plan loads in the most profitable way, but driving efficiency's.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for my clients Transport Planner vacancy will desirable have the following skills and abilities:
- Desirably educated to degree level, with a focus on Logistics and/or Business Management
- Experience of 'Paragon' planning would be an added bonus
- Experience planning a large national network with over 300 deliveries per week.
- Ability to commute within the wider Derbyshire area.
- Experience of working to deadlines in a time-critical logistics environment
- A willingness to success and drive to rise to a challenge.
- Experience of transport operations in the manufacturing or haulage sectors would be desirable
- Experience of negotiating with 3rd party haulier and back haulage would add value to an application.
What's on Offer