You are here
This position is now filled
- Fast Paced SME
- Specialist Parcels Operation
About Our Client
Our client offer a specialist service to leading, high profile clients both Nationally and Internationally.
In this role of Transport Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Ensure all ad-hoc jobs are booked with relevant driver
- Manage holidays and ensure suitable cover is planned
- Ensure all vehicles are booked out, all vehicle pre-checks have been completed
- Promote a safe working environment and ensure all staff are compliant at all times
- Manage and oversee driver scanners and ensure any repairs are recorded and carried out
- Produce management reports as required
- Oversee the sameday delivery operation and ensure process and procedure is followed at all times
- Ensure driver debrief is correctly managed and any issues are resolved and escalated quickly and effectively.
- Oversee and manage the fleet to ensure the vehicles are maintained and roadworthy at all times when in use
- Manage costs and expenditure in line with budget
- Manage and plan daily deliveries and collections
- Ensure driver debrief is correctly managed and any issues are resolved and escalated quickly and effectively
- Produce a daily handover report as per company requirement
The Successful Applicant
Candidates wishing to be considered for this role should have experience of managing within a busy transport operation. Experience within parcels and courier sector would be an advantage but not essential and candidates do not require a CPC.
What's on Offer
You will receive a highly copmpetitve salary along with realistic chances to develop as the business continues to grow.