You are here
This position is now filled
- Transport Manager required for Foodservice business
- Based in Plymouth
About Our Client
Our client, based in Plymouth, are an Established Foodservice business within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
Reporting to the General Manager, the Transport Manager will have overall responsibility of 55 drivers and a further 16 members of staff, including Supervisors, Compliance team and Debrief Clerks. The responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage the Office Staff and Drivers ensuring that the day to day operation runs smoothly and uninterrupted where possible
- Ensuring that all compliance and maintenance is up to date and in line with strict regulations
- To work closely with customers in order to understand fully their requirements and expectations.
- Develop, agree and manage the operation with respect to customer and company objectives
- To ensure the correct level of resource is available to meet changing customer demands.
- Optimise the utilisation of all assets of all assets across the operation.
- Ensure H&S management is applied, and investigations and corrective actions are applied rigorously
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Transport Manager candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A strong track record in Transport Management
- Experience within temperature controlled/multi-drop operations
- Have managed a similar size fleet and driver count previously
- Hold a Managers CPC (National or International)
- Have strong knowledge of the UK geographically
What's on Offer
The role of Transport Manager offers a salary of Â£40,000 plus company benefits