You are here
This position is now filled
- Transport Manager for Established Haulage business in the heart of Somerset
- General Haulage experience required
About Our Client
Our client, based in the heart of Somerset, is an Established Haulage business with a fleet of 100 vehicles operating on a National basis 24/7, with a multitude of customers within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
The role of Transport Manager will report into the Managing Director and will be responsible for a fleet of 100 vehicles and a team of Planners/Operators. The responsibilities will include:
- Effectively manage the Operators and Drivers ensuring that the day to day operation runs smoothly and uninterrupted where possible
- To work closely with customers in order to understand fully their requirements and expectations.
- Develop, agree and manage the operation with respect to customer and company objectives
- To ensure the correct level of resource is available to meet changing customer demands.
- Optimise the utilisation of all assets of all assets across the operation.
- Ensure H&S management is applied, and investigations and corrective actions are applied rigorously
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Transport Manager candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A strong track record in Transport Management
- Work in a transactional manner so that profit gains are maximised efficiently
- Have managed a similar size fleet and driver count previously
- Hold a Managers CPC (National or International)
- Have strong knowledge of the UK geographically
What's on Offer
The role of Transport Manager offers a starting salary of Â£40,000-Â£45,000 plus company benefits