You are here
Transport Graduate Scheme- Distribution Company
- Fantastic opportunity for graduates looking to kick-start a career in Logistics
- MUST be fully flexible on location across the UK
About Our Client
A market leading Distribution Company.
We are constantly looking to recruit and develop talented, driven and energetic individuals with the potential to fill senior management roles in the future.
Our Management Development Programme provides exciting, challenging and rewarding careers where people are given responsibility and accountability and the possibility to make a meaningful business impact much earlier in your career than might be expected elsewhere.
The Programme involves early on the job exposure in front line roles, together with learning in bespoke training modules, and structured support and mentoring.
Our career management process is designed to develop our best graduate managers to be able to move into senior positions within five years.
What are we looking for?
- A good non subject specific 2:1 Degree together with GCSE level Maths & English.
- Individuals with a blend of skills and potential, including in particular leadership, communication and interpersonal skills, an analytical mind, and good organisational skills.
- People with an outgoing personality who are ambitious, demonstrate tenacity, proactivity and a positive approach to work and life.
- People who enjoy working in a fast moving dynamic environment who are prepared to challenge the status quo, and drive through improvements.
In the Graduate Gateway you will gain early experience and quickly prove yourself in a variety of busy, hands on, front line man management roles.
Once you are established on the Leadership Ladder you will move into more challenging roles which involve responsibility for people in a variety of jobs including drivers, budgets, and project work. These roles also extend your knowledge and experience across the transport and logistics environment.
On your Management Development journey you will gain direct experience in Transport Operations, Industrial Relations, Direct Line Management including responsibility for a defined area of the business, Analytical Project Work, Commercial and Negotiation situations, Profit and Loss situations and Contract Logistics Management.
The Successful Applicant
Other Key Selection Criteria
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills
- Strong IT skills: Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- You have been actively involved in extra-curricular activities at school/University, especially anything that demonstrates leadership skills or successfully holding positions of responsibility
- Flexibility concerning location on early part of the Management Development programme. Could be relocated anywhere in the UK on several occasions, so mobility essential
- Full clean driving licence
- Applicants can be new graduates or with work experience
Desirable, but not essential:
- Experience or knowledge of the transport and logistics industry
- Demonstrated successful leadership experience
- A European foreign language, preferably German, French, or Swedish
What's on Offer
Salary on offer is between £24,000 and £26,000 MUST be fully flexible on location