You are here
This position is now filled
- Market leader
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern
About Our Client
Our client are a market leading service provider. They are currently changing the shift pattern to a 4 on 4 off shift pattern and as a result require an additional head.
In the role of Transport Coordinator you will have the following responsibilities:
- Processing customer requests from initial order through to the invoicing stage. Accurately recording and inputting data to ensure accurate invoicing and minimal customer queries.
- Assisting with the supervision of all transport employees including keeping in contact with drivers throughout the day and ensuring a full and effective de-brief is completed, passing any identified actions to the relevant person or department.
- Proactively identifying and resolving potential operational service failures to minimise complaints.
- Preparing daily computerised drivers routes in an efficient and achievable manner to ensure maximum productivity and revenue.
- Ensuring effective and economic utilisation of vehicle fleet whilst customer needs are met.
- Liaising with the vehicle workshops and Fleet Department to ascertain fleet availability for the forthcoming day/week.
- Arranging third party transport and temporary staff as and when required.
- Assisting the Depot Operations Manager to ensure full compliance with the Company's Operators Licence at all times.
- Keeping drivers/mates' records, e.g. training, licences etc. up to date in accordance with the Data Protection Act
- Deciphering and understanding digital and analogue tachographs, understanding Working Time Regulations and challenging all discrepancies where necessary.
- Downloading digital and analogue tachographs on a daily/weekly basis and report on any identified driving infringements.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidates will have at least 2 year's office-based experience involving transport operations or a sound knowledge of the waste industry. Ideally, a holder of an ADR licence or has knowledge of ADR regulations (where applicable). Candidates with a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), or a willingness to gain accreditation are encouraged to apply.
What's on Offer
You will receive a competitive salary along with excellent opportunities to progress within a market leading business.