You are here
- A growing nationwide parcels distributor
- Excellent opportunity to grow with the company
About Our Client
My client is a growing international parcels firm looking to expand their operation within the UK. Their hub is located in Nottinghamshire and is currently observing organic growth, thus requiring an expanded workforce. Their profits have increased more than 100% since beginning operation in the UK market over three years ago.
The successful Team Manager will report into the Operations Director and will conduct the following duties:
- Successfully manage and motivate a close-knit team of between 20 and 100 colleagues.
- Drive all team colleagues success, through use of effective KPI's.
- Hold regular 1 to 1's in order to increase performance within colleagues.
- Implement continuous improvements projects, using LEAN & Six Sigma methods.
- Create and develop existing business practices in order to increase overall efficiency's.
- Report into the Operations Director on a weekly basis to discuss and review team/operational performance.
- Help develop the career of your direct reports through intensive training.
The Successful Applicant
The Team Manager will have extensive experience working within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector and will be able to commute within Nottinghamshire, they will also have the following attributes:
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Experience managing between 20-100 colleagues in a time-critical logistics environment
- Experience with LEAN & Six Sigma methods
- History of continuous improvement project implementation
- A strong man-manager with experience in motivating large teams
- Experience of increasing and improving team KPI's
- The willingness to drive personal success and move up the personal career ladder
- Ability to work a variety of different shifts, including that of weekends
What's on Offer