You are here
- Service Engineer, SME, Electrical Installation
- Coventry, Warwickshire
About Our Client
My client is a well established brand that has been covering the installation, commission, inspecting and testing of fire alarm systems and components.
Primary duties will include:
- Undertake the commissioning of fire detection and alarm, and other associated systems provided that adequate training has been received to be competent in the associated products, to ensure that the system meets the specified requirements for the project.
- Liaise at all times with the Engineering Manager responsible for the delivery of the project.
- Carry out all other necessary works required at customer premises in accordance with the Company's quality standards.
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure a good understanding of system and site status, particularly system defects that affect its correct function.
- Provide technical support and guidance to allocated Engineers.
- Assist the service department with contacting clients to resolve issues prior to sending out engineers.
- Ensure legible and own timely completion of all company paperwork in line with Company requirements.
- Work with the Line Manager to ensure Engineering Department runs smoothly.
- Carry out scheduled routine servicing in a timely, efficient and cost effective manner in line with the Company's quality standards.
- Be responsible for the management and security of own equipment stock in an efficient and economical manner by determining stock levels in relation to work activities and ordering stock items as and when appropriate.
- Carrying out annual and intermediate service/maintenance of fire alarm, emergency lighting, nurse call systems and any associated equipment.
- Planning your workload in conjunction with the Service Department. Ensuring that service calls are arranged in an efficient manner and contact is maintained with the Service Department at regular intervals during the working day.
- Attending emergency and other non-routine service calls as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Respectful of others
- Clean, crisp and presentable
What's on Offer
This is role is being offered on a temporary basis, however there is potential for ongoing and or permanent roles within the business subject to performance and availability.