You are here
Senior Payroll Administrator
Senior Payroll Administrator position dealing with a weekly and monthly payroll
A role offering flexibility for the right indivdual
About Our Client
This Client is a very well established accountancy and Bureau company, they have been one of the top players in their specialist field of business services and consultancy for some time now with a large footprint in financial services. Based in Luton, they are very accessible by many forms of public transport and with parking on-site.
Company on the top 250 companies to work for and experiencing double digit growth currently through an organic growth strategy
The role of the Senior Payroll Administrator is to assist the Team to deliver an accurate monthly payroll in a timely manner and ensure compliance of UK legislation.
- Processing of client payrolls weekly/ fortnightly/ monthly/ quarterly/annual on Sage
- To process all types of manual payroll calculations
- Dealing with starter checklists, P45 and other relevant HMRC forms
- To use existing knowledge of PAYE/NIC
- To use existing knowledge of SMP, SPP, SAP and SSP when running client and in house payrolls.
- To use existing knowledge of pension scheme (defined benefit, sacrifice and defined contribution) when providing administration for various payrolls.
- To develop and keep up to date with new payroll legislation and compliance.
- Dealing with HMRC on a regular basis
- Working closely with clients to deal with payroll issues
- Carrying out auto enrolment admin for clients through our payroll software
- Online filing to HMRC
- To provide support to the team by assisting in the administration for various payrolls and day-to-day admin work.
- To assist with the payroll reconciliations and analysis as required (Excel).
- Filing and archiving of client documents.
- Maintaining and updating documents for internal and external use
- Ensuring new clients have the relevant documentation completed, including setting up the PAYE scheme, producing appendices to be sent to the client, authorisation forms completed.
- To assist with high volume payroll processing for our larger clients
- Manipulation of spreadsheets
- Billing clients
- Developing trusted relationships with clients through the provision of excellent service and regular contact
- Assisting in developing and improving processes and services which enhance our offering to clients
- Undertaking any other ad hoc tasks which may be required to ensure the efficient operation of the service
- Any other duties which are necessary for the efficient and effective running of the payroll service.
- Scanning, Archiving reports for HR department
The Successful Applicant
Senior Payroll Administrator requirements;
- A minimum of 4 years Payroll experience with a stable career history
- Self starter who can work independently
- Available at no longer than 1 months notice
- Sage payroll experience is essential
- Experienced in the area of payroll with exposure to PAYE and NI
- Confident in their ability to pick up new systems ideally with Sage knowledge
- Able to business partner with numerous functions and differing levels of seniority employees within the business
- Willing to commit to the assignment and value to opportunity as the company values you.
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Within commutable distance to Borehamwood
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload
What's on Offer
Market leading package, parking and Strong public transport links, competitive salary, opportunity to progress both personally and professional through a very supportive working environment and company culture