You are here
Senior Data Analyst
- Cambridge based leading bioscience research facility
- Senior Data Analyst involved in bioinformatics
About Our Client
This leading Science and Research organisation based out of Cambridge has a mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the human body and genetics.
They have built a culture fueled by collaboration, research and openness, and established themselves as the global leader in their field. Their people and technology change lives by driving advancements in biological sciences. An organisation that are deeply passionate about what they do and looking for a like minded Senior Data Analyst to join them
This role is search of an experienced and knowledgeable Senior Data Analyst who will ensure quality standards are met for all data generated across all product services in DNA pipelines.
Working as part of a team you will;
- Be expected to analyse bespoke and non-bespoke data sets against certain metrics within defined time frames for our customers
- Have an excellent understanding of the data produced by the product portfolio offered by DNA pipelines
- Manage changing priorities and working within wide parameters will be an ongoing challenge.
- Plan, organise and schedule your own workload in line with priorities, as well as provide guidance and support to less experienced staff as required to ensure quality and timeliness is maintained across the operation
- Complete trend analysis for projects, pulling together statistics for cohorts to ensure DNA pipelines has met customer requirements across an entire study and proactively contribute to process improvement within the team using prescribed methodologies
- Investigate and report all troubleshooting and promptly identifying issues is also an essential aspect of the role, as is developing new reporting tools in line with process improvement for enhanced data quality.
The Successful Applicant
- BSc in a biological science/computer science or equivalent experience
- Excellent theoretical knowledge in relevant techniques to the role
- Solid understanding of bioinformatics quality metrics
- Ability to correctly interpret scientific data
- Proven track record of consistent delivery in terms of volume/speed/quality in a high throughput lab environment
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- Computer literate: Word, advanced excel, powerpoint, LIMS
- Experience of Next Generation Sequencing
- Working knowledge of Tableau
- Previous work experience in a molecular biology laboratory.
- Supervisory experience
- UNIX experience
- FARM experience
What's on Offer
A highly competitive overall package is on offer within this Senior Data Analyst role along with an incredibly interesting backdrop to the analysis you would be completing