You are here
This position is now filled
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk
- Fantastic Senior Accounts Payable Opportunity
- Temporary - Permanent Role
About Our Client
This business is very reputable within its sector. With a solid, dynamic team already in place, this business is well known for development of their staff.
This Senior Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain the Overheads Database in relation to all incoming e-mails
- Coding, scanning and processing of invoices
- Produce accurate monthly statistics in relation to the Aged Creditors Analysis for all companies.
- Ensure online expenses VAT receipts/coding are checked regularly. Claims to be paid monthly ensuring the expenses payment run coincides with Payroll clearance date
- Produce nominal coding and payment reports to be presented to Management Accounts
- Credit Card Statements are fully reconciled monthly and any missing receipts are chased, updating spreadsheet with VAT adjustments
- Maintain invoice approval listing regularly and ensure correct authorisation route
- Keep all spreadsheets requiring analysis up-to-date
- Issue Purchase Orders and maintain log on a regular basis.
- Maintain control of supplier bank account and ensure details are checked against SAGE system when submitting payments
- Weekly payment run to include any suppliers with fixed dates e.g. PAYE,NIC etc
- Reconcile bank statements daily
Provide high quality support to the Team Managers, Managers and the wider Finance Team
- Effective communication with the business and implement value adding changes.
- Provide help and cover within the team and assist Team Manager with any outstanding tasks outside of the Overheads Team
The Successful Applicant
The successful Senior Accounts Payable Clerk will be hands-on and be accountable for the reconciliation and accuracy of reporting within the team. You will improve the accuracy and integrity of financial records through regular reconciliations and proactive control across all UK business functions.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Knowledge of SAGE X3 would be advantageous
- Technician level expertise, AAT advantageous
- An understanding of accounting entries (processing and allocations) and reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Previous experience in transactional processing, in a similar sized environment.
- Good time management skills, able to work to strict deadlines
- A solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and understanding V-look up, pivot and functions an advantage
- Good communication and numerical skills.
- Methodical, accurate and good personal management skills.
- Hands on approach.
- Very good customer focus
- Strong ability to deliver results.
- Attention to detail
What's on Offer
This opportunity is offering the following:
- Â£18,000 - Â£20,000
- Temporary - Permanent Opportunity
- 23 days holiday + bank holidays
- Child care vouchers
- Free parking
- Social events