You are here
Sales Ledger Clerk
- My client based in Letchworth are looking for a Sales Ledger clerk
- This is a brilliant chance to get into a varied role
About Our Client
This large retail business continue to expand and grow. Consequently they are increasing the size of their finance function and that has led to this position becoming available and vacant.
The client operate in a lovely office which is open plan and have a management team that is all about helping people to progress and do well in their careers.
This Sales Ledger Clerk particular job will involve
- Allocation of payments received via bacs. Ensuring each payment is allocated to the correct account.
- Reconciling payments received to the relevant account.
- Entering payments on to customer accounts and clearing down using in house accounting package.
- Interpreting and responding to the spoken request over the phone or in person.
- Communicate and liaise verbally and in writing between customers and other staff members.
- Opening new accounts on in house system.
- Ensuring figures for payments are sent to a list of certain customers every month.
- Raising interest invoices when requested to do so by the credit control manager.
- Replying to trade reference requests received from other companies.
- Assisting other members of staff with their queries.
- Confirming travel bookings made by customers and providing purchase order numbers.
- Processing credit card payments through virtual terminal
The Successful Applicant
The successful Sales Ledger Clerk candidate will
Have good sales ledger or accounts receivable experience.
Be comfortable raising invoices and with cash allocation
Be comfortable with credit control also
Be hard working and able to fit in with a friendly environment
Ideally want a permanent role at the business once the temporary period is over
What's on Offer
On offer is a brilliant opportunity to work hard in a temporary position and earn a permanent role.
This is a large international business and will be a great one to add to your CV should you be successful