You are here
Reconciliation & Cash Accountant
Luton based leading retail compnay looking for a treasury focused accountant
Reconciliation & Cash Accountant on permanent basis
About Our Client
Reconciliation & Cash Accountant for a leading retail business based in Luton, Hertfordshire. My client are an employer of choice with many awards to their name as a top 100 company to work for and company that rewards staff, treating them fairly. With parking on site and good transport links the finance department of this Group offer a fresh and dynamic environment suitable for either a graduate with finance experience or an individual with a wealth of relevant technical expertise.
Reconciliation & Cash Accountant will take responsibility for the sales cycle and the corresponding reconciliation process. At all times applying business and accounting knowledge to make sense of the transactions and challenge when necessary.
Responsible for completing all the bank reconciliations for all companies, taking responsibility to ensure that all differences are solved, and proactively seeking ways to improve the process.
- Responsible to reconcile all the sales and cash transactions to all the UK bank accounts on a regular basis.
- Responsible for producing all the month end bank and cash reconciliations for all companies in UK and Ireland.
- Responsible for ensuring the processes to reconcile are documented, are effective and have good controls in place. At all times the processes should lead to accurate and timely recording and reporting, in line with accounting and tax regulations.
- Responsible for documenting the end-to-end cash process flow and testing it on a periodic basis.
- Work effectively with other teams in the finance department to investigate and solve reconciliation differences, by providing support and direction in a timely manner.
- Responsible to proactively seek ways to improve the process to ensure that all risks are mitigated by sound controls.
- Responsible to keep up to date with changes in accounting and tax legislation and then ensure the cash and card process is compliant with the requirements of these changes.
- Actively support the month end, bi-monthly and year end close, providing audit analysis as and when required.
- Support Ad hoc finance projects.
- Support tax analysis as and when required.
- Actively take part in finance meetings.
The Successful Applicant
Reconciliation & Cash Accountant person specification
- Applied knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal controls, financial reporting and tax laws and regulations would be a large bonus
- Experience in prepare, analyse and report accounting data
- Experience in use of automated accounting systems
- Advanced/ intermediate Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables
- Proficient in MS Office skills
- Experience in ensuring Bank reconciliations are up to date and reconciliations clear and are of a high standard
What's on Offer
For the right individual based in Luton, this role offers someone with experience in accounting or a finance related degree experience in multicultural and multinational organisation with great facilities, an inclusive company culture and dynamic team