You are here
£28,000 - £30,000
About Our Client
Global construction manufacturing business.
As a Quantity Surveyor you will be responsible for;
- Preparing and agreeing valuations with clients and ensuring payments are received in accordance with subcontract agreements
- Preparing accurate take off of material quantities from drawings.
- Follow procedures to ensure proper allocation of job cost
- Pricing of contract variations.
- Preparing subcontractor payment certificates, calculation and allocation of subcontractor payments and updating spreadsheets accordingly
- Assist in the control of supply chain ensuring full visibility of liabilities
- Issue of subcontract enquiries, comparison of quotes, undertake negotiations and placing of comprehensive orders
- Contribute to the formulation of monthly financial reports.
- Negotiation and agreement of final accounts with main contractor QS.
- Cash flow forecasting across all contracts to project company turnover.
- Liaising with estimating, design, purchasing and contracts teams to ensure any changes and potential cost overspends are identified as soon as practicable, ensuring costs are recovered and future overspends avoided wherever possible.
- Working with the Commercial manager to provide cost control and reporting on individual contracts, as well as overview and cost management of all contracts in the division
- Supervision and training of assistant / trainee QS
- General administration duties as required
The Successful Applicant
- Confident personality with the ability to communicate across all disciplines and at all levels within the organisation
- Previous experience of working for a specialist sub-contractor essential
- Pro-active, flexible approach with an ability to work to deadlines
What's on Offer
Hours of work are 8.30 am to 5 pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30 am to 3.30 pm Friday.