You are here
Purchase Ledger Clerk/Accounts Assistant
£18,000 - £19,000
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
About Our Client
Well established Construction Company - Accounting and Finance - Commerce and Industry - Purchase Ledger Clerk
Invoice and payment processing
- Ensure subcontract applications, overhead, and site invoices are authorised and coded correctly, and posted to Unison in an accurate and timely manner.
- Process subcontractors and suppliers payments within the weekly payment cycle and account for VAT.
- Process electronic downloads for both subcontract and purchase ledger.
- When necessary input manual applications and invoices.
- Check invoices are correct for VAT and/or materials/labour elements for tax deduction purposes.
- Advise surveyors of any discrepancies or amendments to payment applications.
- Liaise with regional staff regarding queries with invoices.
- Setup new accounts on the system, ensuring they are approved in advance.
- Help deal with any queries internally and externally and assist the Accounts Supervisor with investigations as and when required.
New Subcontractors and suppliers
- Enter new subcontractor and supplier details onto Unison correctly.
- Set up new Unison and job codes as required.
- Check new suppliers are approved by the Group Financial Accountant.
- Alert the Accounts Supervisor if paperwork for new subcontractors is not filled in accordance with the procedures in place.
- Verify subcontractors with HMRC to determine tax treatment.
The Successful Applicant
- Purchase Ledger background
- Competent IT user
What's on Offer
A competitive Salary and Benefits