You are here
Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Manufacturing organisation
About Our Client
Page Personnel is a market leading financial recruitment specialist, part of the Page Group. Our client based in Cardiff and is looking to appoint a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a permanent basis.
As Purchase Ledger Clerk you will be responsible for a high volume fast paced accounts payable role within a busy manufacturing organisation.
- Processing multi-currency supplier payments
- Daily payments allocations
- Transfers between international bank accounts
- Preparation of monthly credit card journals
- Preparations of daily and monthly bank reconciliations
- Period end ledgers closing
- Recording documents such as invoices and credits received from supplier onto system
- Matching up supplier invoices with receipt of goods on the system
- Liaising with other departments to resolve accounts payable related queries
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Management of the goods received not invoiced account (GRNI)
- Processing payments to suppliers
- Dealing with suppliers queries
- Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly Intrastat returns
- Assistance in preparation of information for external and internal audit visits
- Provide assistance as required to other staff within the accounts team
- Stock discrepancy investigations
- Providing training to new starters in the purchase ledger department
- Creating and managing new supplier accounts on the system
- Processing payment details within the banking system
- Any other ad hoc duties deemed relevant by management
- Project work - testing and preparing for migration of accounts module
The Successful Applicant
AAT qualification would be desirable.
Previous experience within Accounts Payable is essential.
Manufacturing background is desirable.
What's on Offer
£18,000-£22,000 plus benefits