You are here
Purchase Ledger Clerk
- Purchase Ledger Clerk
About Our Client
An award winning, UK wide company are currently looking to recruit into their large accounts team in Crewe. A great opportunity to work for an established company in a fast paced supportive environment.
- Processing of all purchase invoices including credit repairs
- Process commission self billing invoices
- Operate payment runs & post direct debit payments
- Handle internal and external queries
- Review of ledgers - unallocated cash/unclaimed credit notes
- Provide cover within department as required
- Adhoc projects
The Successful Applicant
Experience - Essential
- Must have experience of working in an accounts department
- Confident using Excel - simple formulae, manipulating large data sets
- Experience of working with an accounting system
Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working with Sage accounting system
- Working knowledge of MS Access
- Takes ownership of role and tasks and sees objectives through to completion
- Competent, motivated, able to manage own workload with minimal supervision.
- Effective time management
- Attention to detail and quality of work.
- Flexible and adaptable to change, with a "can-do" attitude
Working with People
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as approachable.
- Works well as part of a team
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure team & company success.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to contribute ideas and suggest improvements
- Good client/supplier/colleague relationship handling skills by email, telephone or face to face.
What's on Offer
The role will be working in a team of 15 paying up to £20,000 per annum. The working hours are 36.25 Monday - Friday with a competitive benefit package including 25 days holiday, parking and health care.