You are here
Working within Financial Services
Sitting within the Mortgages and Analytics Trading Team
About Our Client
Our client operates within Financial Services. They aim to build a collaborative team environment in which everyone is open to challenge and where new ideas and approaches are developed and delivered.
With support from the MAT&P Manager, the candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the following:
- Becoming a SME of the Mortgages pricing model; developing an in depth understanding of how NPV calculations are currently structured within the pricing model. Providing insight and challenge to the key inputs underpinning these to ensure a process of continual improvement and enhancement of these key business metrics. Advanced excel skills are a requirement of this role due to the complexity of the model.
- Weekly/monthly updates of the Mortgages pricing model assumptions e.g. LTP rates, ITP rates and Risk Metrics. Ensuring all necessary Governance checks are in place.
- Running the Annual Mortgages NPV Refresh process - provide analysis and insight to support the overall submission.
- Supporting the daily, weekly and monthly MI production required for the Mortgages product and pricing platforms.
- Providing first level finance review of all pricing decisions including scenario analysis.
- Proactively identifying business opportunities via the analysis produced and make recommendations based upon those findings.
- Providing insight and challenge, using supporting data, to the assumptions underpinning pricing proposals. Presentation of findings to key stakeholders delivering clear recommendations sufficient to influence decision makers.
- Any other duties as required to assist the overall team meet its deliverables.
The Successful Applicant
- A very strong, empathetic communicator.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for output and wider development, contributing to the overall success of the team.
- Have a good commercial focus - attuned to evolving business needs and able to support the rapid development of finance capabilities to deliver performance enhancing support to the Mortgages business.
- Have excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify and evaluate changing customer trends.
- Has a questioning stance - want to understand the "why" as well as the "what"
- Have a good awareness of the financial services market and relevant accounting developments
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and career growth.