You are here
£23,000 - £26,000
About Our Client
Payroll Officer - to £26K - Accounting and Finance - Immediate Opportunity
- Responsible for the implementation, operation and maintenance of financial systems to ensure that:
- All transactions are processed promptly and within authorised limits.
- All transactions are properly recorded.
- Financial reporting
- Responsible for the: Preparation of all standard Payroll reporting, including the input of all payroll information into the financial systems.
- Maintenance of the payroll ledgers, reconciliation of all payroll control accounts to enable proper financial control of all aspects of the company's payroll.
- Reporting of monthly payroll information to our Pension provider
- Preparation of monthly payroll reports for Senior Management team.
- Reconciliation of and to other systems
- Responsible for performing reconciliation and other control procedures to:
- Ensure agreement to reports/data from other systems.
- Ensure the integrity of all other data forming part of our overall corporate information database.
- Data availability and delivery
- To provide other team members with timely and accurate information as required, including Human Resources and Finance.
- To develop a good understanding of the information software in use by the Company, and in particular of the reporting tools available.
- To work as a member of the Finance Department assisting in all areas as and when required.
- Renewing current systems, data capture to improve systems.
- It is understood that this is a general overview of the required tasks but in no way represents an exhaustive list. The role will continue to develop as necessary to meet the needs of the business.
- Payment of CSA, Court Orders and other legal deductions from employee's pay.
- The completion of SSP1 forms when required.
- Monthly RTI reporting to HMRC
- Directly responsible to both the Group Human Resources Officer and Financial Controller.
- Liaison with the HMRC and outside agencies in connection with payroll information.
The Successful Applicant
- Excellent knowledge of payroll legislation including part qualified CIPP.
- Comprehensive computer skills, including proficiency in Word and Excel
What's on Offer