You are here
- International Pharmaceutical company
- Sole Payroll position
About Our Client
This client is a world leading pharmaceutical research company.
They are looking for someone to join their East London office and run the payroll function.
The Payroll Lead will be responsible for:
- Responsible for processing the monthly payroll from start to finish including starter and leaver information, overtime payments, pensions, allowances, deductions (SSP, SMP, SPP, and AOE), bonuses, pay increases, absence (including unpaid sick leave), holiday, and manual calculations regarding NI, PSA and Tax deductions.
- In conjunction with HR assist with the management and administration of Company Benefits which include but are not limited to pensions, childcare vouchers scheme, season ticket loan scheme.
- Provide payroll support to new staff, and completing paperwork for staff who are leaving, including all HMRC related paperwork.
- Ensure accurate reporting to all relevant external bodies/agencies, e.g. to HMRC for RTI, etc.
- Proactively manage and deal with staff payroll queries in a timely and professional manner.
- Key contact with epay (third party online payslips provider) including user admin responsibilities, resetting passwords, managing the leaver process and dealing with staff epay specific queries. Produce a monthly data file, manipulating data accurately using Microsoft Excel pivot tables and vlook up functions and submit to external payroll provider (Paycheck) in the required format.
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of standing, historic and transactional payroll and employee data in the finance system, Deltek.
- Accountability for payroll reporting, ensuring that reports are produced and delivered accurately and within agreed timescales, including departmental authorisation of overtime payments.
- Provide regular updates and reports to Human Resources (HR)
- Reconcile and monitor payroll costs through the use of payroll control accounts.
- Post monthly payroll journals to nominal and project ledgers as part of the financial month end close process.
- Liaison with external auditors for all payroll related processes.
- Take responsibility for ensuring relevant data is maintained for ongoing P11D dispensation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant HMRC and internal reporting processes.
- Monitor the accuracy and timeliness of the Deltek timesheet process and the consequent allocation of costs.
- Review, advise and implement further streamlining and automation of payroll related processes.
- Any other necessary duties to fulfil requirements of the post or as directed by line manager.
The Successful Applicant
The successful Payroll lead will need to be confident in managing a payroll for around 300 people.
Must have previous exposure compliance.
Must be able to work in a sole capacity.
What's on Offer
This is a great opportunity to work for an exciting pharmaceutical research business in East London.
The role can offer a great salary (in the region of £30,000-£36,000) for the right candidate.