You are here
FTSE 100 business looking for a progressive Payroller
Fantasic opportunity to enhance your payroll skills and knowledge.
About Our Client
As stated, my client is a rapidly growing FTSE 100 business and are actually one of the top three in their industry. They are a culturally diverse organisation and operate in diverse markets and geographies. Their aim is to make a difference in a large complex and dynamic business.
They also have more than 20,000 people in 900 locations in over 90 countries within their company.
A number of the key roles and responsibilities the Payroll Clerk will be carrying out include:
- Assist with the accurate preparation and submission of monthly payroll data (overtime, salary, new starters, and leavers) to the outsourced payroll company for 2300 employees.
- Assist in the checking and sign off processes of each payroll with the relevant stakeholders
- Distribution of pay slips & other general payroll correspondence from within the HR Department
- Maintain filing and record keeping in relation to payroll data for audit purposes
- Respond to payroll related queries received by employees, managers, internal departments & external third parties (escalating to relevant UK HR Executive where necessary)
- Liaise with Company Secretariat, HR, employees, the outsourced payroll company and finance teams in relation to processing Share Options and Long Term Incentive Plan
- Assist with any payroll or ad hoc requests from Finance & HR contacts across the Intertek Group
- All other HR & payroll duties i.e. filing, archiving, record keeping
- To provide cover for the Payroll Supervisor during periods of absence
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the Payroll Clerk should have a number of the key attributes:
- Ability to advise on payroll queries e.g. calculating net pay, hourly rates, basic tax queries
- A recognised Payroll Administration qualification an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to liaise with people of all levels
- Able to work under pressure, deliver to very tight deadlines and use initiative to occasionally work unsupervised
- Administrative excellence including reviewing and implementing procedures and maintaining confidential, sensitive data
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
What's on Offer
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who wants career progression and to develop their payroll skills and knowledge, a competitive salary, parking on site