You are here
Payroll & Benefits Manager
£27,000 - £29,000
- Varied Role with excellent exposure
- Great benefits
About Our Client
Page Personnel is a market leading financial recruitment specialist, part of the Page Group. Our client based in Cardiff and is looking to appoint a Payroll & Benefits on a permanent basis to join their growing finance team.
- Full responsibility of payroll processing and reconciliation, dealing with all aspects of payroll from start to finish i.e calculating overtime, issuing tax forms, managing special situations eg maternity/sickness, ensuring payment is made on time and distribution of payslips
- Responsibility for ensuring all statutory and voluntary payroll reporting is adhered to and all deductions are paid to appropriate bodies within required timeframes
- First point of contact for outsourced payroll service provider
- Payroll year end processing i.e P35s, P60s and P11Ds
- Benefits management i.e. maintaining the pension schemes, private medical insurance, life cover, company cars and subsequent P11D entries and taxation payments/adjustments required
- Review company benefits administration and propose improvements, including the tender of car leases to optimize value for money.
- Work closely with the HR department on Group reward and benefits portfolio.
- Ad hoc payroll duties and reporting
- Expenses administration
- Company credit card administration
- Maintenance of staff payroll and tax records
- Manage pension auto enrolment and Real Time Reporting Information (RTI)
- Calculation of monthly payroll recharges to statutory entities
- Ensuring compliance with internal controls
- Liaison with HMRC, statutory auditors and other external agencies on any payroll related enquires/requests
- Dealing with all pay related queries eg staff queries, correction of errors, costing errors etc.
- Input into the salaries budget process.
- Capturing and reporting information for employee related insurance.
- Keeping abreast of all developments and legislation surrounding payroll, pensions and benefits
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of payroll processing is essential. Ideally multi-site payroll experience would be preferred
- Payroll processing knowledge should cover from initiation of payroll to ultimate payment and recording
- Experience of project management/payroll integrations would be preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong numeracy skills
- Strong IT knowledge
- Highly self-motivated individual able to operate under own initiative
What's on Offer
£27000 plus benefits