You are here
£14 - £16 per hour (£29,118 - £33,277)
About Our Client
A well established public sector business based in the middle of Milton Keynes
The Project Accountant will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the development of the annual budget alongside the programme director, SRO and project managers with regular forecast reviews.
- Delivering the management accounts and accounts process
- Monitor the forecast income and expenditure and balance sheet for the budget, to enable planning of balances to incorporate into the financial statements.
- Undertake necessary benchmarking and create a strategic long-term financial plan.
- Entry and record keeping of all sales & purchase invoices relating to the project (Sage) and preparing supplier payment runs
- Supplying and validating new and existing accruals for project costs.
- Production of monthly management accounts showing variances.
- Analyse variances to budget/forecasts.
- Production of monthly P&L and Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Identifying different types of project costs (internal/external) and applying necessary accounting treatment.
- Identifying any potential financial risks and opportunities.
- Tracking progress of the project and work streams through different stages to ensure they are managed within budget as well as post completion evaluation.
- Monitor financial performance against plan and advise the collaboration board on variances from plan and mitigating actions where necessary.
- Undertake any other duties as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Project costing and support experience
- Strong interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong problem solving skills, and ability to make judgements relating to financial risk and assess its impact on the organisation.
- Knowledge at advanced level of MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
What's on Offer
A highly flexible part time position