You are here
About Our Client
The client is a leading multi-channel distributor with a high sku environment experiencing rapid growth.
This will include the introduction of new suppliers in cohesive and complaint manner, measurement and management of leads times and quality , all logistics ( inc warehousing ) from in bound to ultimately in customer home ensuring maximized cost efficiencies, quality and service levels. Take full responsibility of the OTIF, the logistics P&L, and Customer Service.
- Train and develop all members of the supply chain team including local QC's
- Re establish "just in time" stock levels to improve Working Capital and drive sales - accurate and regularly updated forecasting for Purchasing to process.
- Reduce returns / damaged goods with high quality reworks of merchantable quality to deliver improved sales but within targeted working capital.
- Ensure product specifications are adhered to.
- Handle all "specials" as requested from showrooms and trade from start to finish.
- Define and manage the forwarding agents to get the best in- and out-bound Logistics.
- Minimize delivery lead-times to improve the shopping experience in line with what customer's expectations.
- Manage the warehouses to reduce costs ( full time/ agency etc ) and minimize inventory - own the warehouse stock levels within WC budgets.
- Reduce the reworks stock levels and introduce effective program to keep low ( labour and time lines )
- Manage Customer Services and dramatically reduce the root causes and costs by applying appropriate corrective measures
The Successful Applicant
The successful operations manager will need to
* Multi channel retail experience in a fast moving environment.
* Successful leadership distribution facility.
* Proven success in the implementation and development of efficient and straightforward distribution processes and systems.
* Experience of leading sizeable teams and examples of where you have built strong working relationships with key business stakeholders.
* Previous experience of a taking a site to best in class. .
* An ability to demonstrate a passionate, resilient and hands on approach to the role.
* Demonstrable and strong commitment to customer service.
* An ability to understand what is required, articulate it, get people on board and deliver
What's on Offer
The role of operations manager will pay £35-40k per annum plus bonus and has fantastic progression opportunities