You are here
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Global Design & Production Organisation,
About Our Client
My client is a global leader within their respective industries. From design and solution development to installation and service, the successful candidate will have the unique opportunity to work with their products from beginning to end. They have a presence in over 70 countries, and work alongside market leading clients.
There is the opportunity for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer to join their site in Livingston.
The Manufacturing Engineer opportunity is a diverse position. Firstly you will be responsible for up to 10 professionals covering a number of skills. In addition you will be leading numerous implementation and improvement projects while driving up performance and quality.
The main responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to, the following:
- Manage, Lead and motivate the Manufacturing Engineering Dept - this will consist of 3-4 engineers to start with
- Oversee the sites Technology Strategy
- Be responsible for the effective operation of Manufacturing NPI (New Product Introduction)
- Implement the career development plans for all direct reports
- Driving continuous process improvement through the Manufacturing Process .
- Be responsible for all Operator Training & Certification
- Responsible for Functional Compliance to HSE
The Successful Applicant
In-order to apply you must possess the following:
- Experience in leading diverse engineering teams - management is not required - however leading from the front is a necessity
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A strong background and competence in Sheet metal fabrication & mechanical engineering
- Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyse data
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done
- Demonstrable significant experience at a senior engineering management level
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science related discipline is essential
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary & Benefits