You are here
Manufacturing - Assistant Management Accountant
£25,000 - £30,000
- Manufacturing Management Accountant
- Cost Accountant
About Our Client
The company is a national organisation with an office based in Huntingdon.
- Establish, review, agree and maintain standard product costs for all active finished goods. To include direct materials and direct labour.
- Extract, analyse and explain variances on a weekly basis.
- Maintain the company's sales forecast database.
- Communicate changes to planners.
- Prepare monthly ORD provision for review by Financial Controller.
- Maintain the company's sales database. Prepare periodic reports down to standard contribution level. Prepare and post relevant monthly journals.
- Prepare commercial analysis to aid decision making on an adhoc basis. Make recommendations based on this.
- To work in a manner that actively seeks to reduce any negative environmental impact in relation to the processes and procedures operating within their area and across the wider business e.g. reduction of waste, recycling etc.
- To carry out any other tasks within the department as requested by the Financial Controller.
- Cover for colleagues to ensure continuity of service.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in an accounting role which includes experience of variance and sales analysis, reporting and costings.
- Progress towards a recognised accounting qualification or equivalent experience.
- An analytical/numerical mindset.
- A well developed level of IT literacy. Must be comfortable with a range of excel techniques and a capacity to learn more.
- A confident robust and sociable individual who would be comfortable within our organisation.
- Must be ready to give and accept challenge.
- Must be flexible and open-minded.
- Attention to detail/accuracy.
What's on Offer
This is a permanent position offering up to £30k.