You are here
IMMEDIATE START - TEMPORARY TO PERMANENT VACANCY
About Our Client
My client are located in Thames Ditton, they are walking distance from Thames Ditton station and they have parking.
If you're looking for a company to support your studies and progression then look no further!
There will be tests to complete before interview stage and that will consist of a general accounting tests, excel and numerical tests.
The role will work with the Territory Financial Controller in the control and reporting of several trading business units, primarily South Africa, but also Australia, New Zealand and UK. The role will assist in ensuring that the costs and revenues are accurately reported as well as assisting with statutory, payroll and tax reporting.
- Assist the Financial Controller at month-end with detailed reporting and analysis against forecasts/budgets/prior period actuals.
- Create and post cost/revenue journals including prepayments, accruals and deferrals.
- Maintain the business unit balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley controls.
- Create cost, sales and other revenue and financial performance reports as required.
- Liaise with local payroll bureau or internal payroll teams to prepare payroll runs and book journals
- Analyse service tax and TDS
- Deal with taxation matters via liaison with local profession advisors.
- Interim and annual audit.
- Other duties include bank payments / postings.
- Be a resource for frequent ad-hoc queries from various stakeholders including Group Finance, Sales, HR and the Shared Service Centre.
The Successful Applicant
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- High level of analytic ability.
- Self-motivated and passionate about quality of work produced.
- Confidence to challenge others where appropriate.
- Customer service approach to internal and external stakeholders.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong time management skills to balance regular monthly tasks with frequent ad-hoc requirements.
- Bachelors Degree
- Experienced part-qualified accountant in the later stages of study (CIMA/ACCA, or equivalent) or ideally recently qualified.
- Experience in month end close process
- Any country specific experience helpful, but not essential
- Any prior exposure to Sarbanes-Oxley controls advantageous
- Intermediate Excel (macros not required, but Pivot tables and vlookups essential)
What's on Offer
Must be able to start Immediately or on 1 weeks notice
Large company experience
Modern offices and lovely grounds