You are here
- Management Accountant
About Our Client
Global company with a strong presence Scotland wide.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc financial reports to track and explain operating costs and communicate this information regularly to the business team.
- Support the business team in planning ahead and setting financial performance targets for business plans, annual budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Develop new tracking reports and analysis to strengthen control of project costs and enhance understanding of whole life costs.
- Report and challenge capital overhead costs.
- Develop new ways of capturing and presenting financial and non-financial information (eg: linking costs to activities; developing new performance reports).
- Meet the increasing demands for improved visibility of the CI teams project and programme delivery performance across the efficiency, productivity and affordability arenas.
- Support and coach the business team in financial policy, processes and controls.
- You must have a relevant accountancy qualification or be part qualified and actively studying for a formal accountancy qualification. You'll need a strong grasp of accounting principles and management accounting techniques.
The Successful Applicant
You must be able to:
- Explain financial concepts and information to business people in language they will understand and conversely grasp business processes, terminology and application. You'll need to feel confident challenging and influencing others, often in more senior roles.
- Analyse data and turn it into information - you'll need to review cost data, relate it to what's driving those costs, look for trends and correlations and make sure that your conclusions are robust and clearly articulated.
- Use IT tools effectively in most things you do, in particular have strong excel skills and a knowledge of Peoplesoft or equivalent financial system.
- Work agilely and effectively in a team and across teams contributing beyond your individual day to day responsibilities to deliver ad-hoc improvement projects.
It would be an advantage to have experience of activity based analysis of costs and / or implementing new reporting tools (eg: performance dashboards / scorecards or equivalent).
You will work as part of the Capital Finance team but will also be working alongside other management accountants who provide this service.
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and study support with a renowned company based in Dunfermline.