You are here
Maintenance Technician (M&E)
- Rotating shift pattern
About Our Client
Our Client are a UK Building and Construction specialist looking to recruit an Maintenance Technician (M&E) into the Oxford team.
The duties of the Maintenance Technician (M&E) based in Oxford are to:
- Interpret and work from instruction, drawings and specifications appropriate to the trade without constant supervision
- Attend training courses as required
- Skilled in the hands on repair of all plant and equipment within the limits of their trade, having the ability to fault find, diagnose and repair using their technical knowledge on equipment.
- Day to day supervision of maintenance assistants, apprentices, checks, evaluates work
- Carry out repairs/ new work to a high level of skill, conforming to Regulations / HTM and ACOP requirements
- Observe all statutory and legal requirements, particularly in relation to Health & Safety at Work Act / HTM/HBN
- Have ability and willingness to work across trades within the sphere of their technical competency, eg. Minor mechanical repairs and making safe building fabric etc
- Provide instruction and guidance for maintenance assistants and apprentices, on all aspects of plant and equipment in order to develop their skills and knowledge
- Responsibility for service activity for ensuring compliance with all relevant Health and Safety legislation and site specific health, safety and welfare policies.
- To service, test, diagnose, repair and calibrate engineering plant equipment
- To service, test, diagnose repair and calibrate specialist plant and equipment including sterilisers / de-contamination equipment
- Undertake training and appointment to act as Authorised Person as identified by Line Manager.
- Provide a timely reactive service to our clients, being respectful of the contractual response and repair times so as to protect the company from financial penalty
- Maintains and repairs PFI properties and equipment
- Carry out new and small works in accordance with legislation, HTM, HBN. ACOP and Best Industry practice issues, fault diagnosis and solution finding
The Successful Applicant
The successful Maintenance Technician (M&E):
Served a recognised apprenticeship in relevant trade City & Guilds Craft or Certificate/ ONC in electrical and/or mechanical engineering would be desirable. Knowledge of procedures for electrical/mechanical repair and maintenance. Minimum of NVQ or City and Guilds Level 2;plus relevant post apprenticeship training or equivalent experience Electrical/mechanical knowledge, skill and ability to carry out minor repairs within their skill base.
Ideally be able to start quickly if successful.
What's on Offer
A salary of up to £30,000 is on offer to successful Maintenance Technician (M&E) - Multi-skilled based in Oxford as well as a clear path to progression within an established organisation.
Working hours: Shift