You are here
- Logistics Administrator Required for well known Food Manufacturer
- 2-3 years experience in Logistics, ideally with Food background is required
About Our Client
My client is a market leader within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain industry who manufacture food products for retail and food service industry. They have a number of sites across the UK and this role will be based at a manufacturing site in the Preston area.
The Logistics Administrator will be accountable for:
- Work closely with our 3PL's and other logistics partners to maintain and improve service levels across multiple territories - UK, IOI and Europe.
- Produce, analyse and interpret weekly and periodic KPI information.
- Maintain exception reporting across all logistics activities.
- Ensure the integrity of finished-goods stock levels across multiple locations.
- Be capable of undertaking improvement projects across the logistics and supply chain arena.
- Ensure logistics partners adhere to contractual procedures.
- Collate, analyse and report on all logistics costs - primary and secondary distribution, storage, RH&D and picking, etc.
- Checking of logistics invoices for accuracy before final sign-off by department head.
The Successful Applicant
The Ideal Logistics Administrator will have:
- 2-3 years relevant logistics experience is essential, preferably within the food or FMCG sector.
- Experience of working within the chilled logistics sector would be highly advantageous.
- Good numeracy and analytical skills are essential.
- Competent with Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Experience of working with one of the national UK 3PL's would be highly advantageous.
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels both verbally and in writing.
- Strong commercial awareness.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-changing work environment.
- Ability to challenge others and clearly project one's opinions.
- Confident and pro-active with a self-motivated approach to work.
- Excellent customer focus and stakeholder management skills.
- Willingness to work across weekends in line with the needs of the business
What's on Offer
The role will predominantly be Mon-Fri office hours, but a degree of flexibility is required.