You are here
Conveyancing Secretary role 12 month FTC in Hertfordshire
Matrimonial Secretary PERMANENTc
About Our Client
This conveyancing vacancy is for a legal secretary based in their office in Elstree
The Legal Secretary will be proficient in the following:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools, specifically Microsoft Word (advanced), Microsoft Excel (intermediate) and PowerPoint (basic).
- A minimum typing speed of 60 wpm using the Firm's BigHand digital dictation software and equipment.
- Ability to proof read and check all outgoing correspondence.
- Proficient in the use of available Multi-Function Devices (MFD's) and/or copiers for the purpose of copying, scanning, printing and finishing.
- Proficiency in the use of the Firm's Oasys Email Management software (or any subsequent document management system that may be introduced) to file and maintain all emails in appropriate client directories.
- A thorough knowledge of and timely adherence to the Firm's physical file maintenance procedures.
- Answering telephones promptly in a professional, cheerful and helpful manner at all times, and having a thorough knowledge of the operation of the Firm's Mitel telephones and their various functions and capability.
- Advanced use of Microsoft Outlook, specifically fee earner diary management and travel arrangements, meeting room and car parking bookings, and professional support in fee earner communications with clients.
- Basic knowledge of adding and editing client and contact details in the Firm's Client Relationship Management system (CRM).
- Proactive and knowledgeable approach in respect of all new work enquiries.
- Assistance in preparing fee earners for client meetings through availability of relevant files and documents.
File opening and closing
- Proficient use of the Firm's DNA accounts system used for recording key client and matter information and settings.
- Accurate completion of business source codes and narrative for all new matters created using DNA.
- Ensuring fee earner compliance with all relevant risk management requirements on file opening and closing, including records of conflict checking, anti-money laundering checks, client care letters/terms and conditions, file management checklists and large value retainers.
- Thorough knowledge of and timely adherence to the Firm's physical file archiving procedures, including the use of temporary storage of files.
- Being able to understand and interpret financial data in the Firm's DNA and KPI accounts software.
- Assisting the fee earner with basic elements of client billing.
- Assisting the fee earner with completion of basic documentation, such as cheque requests, electronic payment requests, receipts and transfers and expenses reclaims.
- Assisting the fee earner with the completion of monthly matter management returns to Accounts (as appropriate).
- Taking a proactive role in credit control for the fee earner's outstanding bills.
- Being able to enter time manually on behalf of a fee earner if required.
- Assisting in booking fee earners on conferences and courses.
- Proactively maintaining MFD/departmental stationery supplies and local kitchen supplies.
- Thorough knowledge of all internal policies and procedures, including booking couriers/taxis, booking external/float temps and knowledge of outsourcing procedures for copying/printing.
- Proficient knowledge of the Firm's HR system (currently Cascade), including where appropriate the ability to make entries on behalf of others.
The Successful Applicant
The successful legal secretary will provide secretarial and administrative support to one partner and a solicitor. The team is friendly and informal and the work is interesting and varied.
What's on Offer
The Legal Secretary will be offered a 12 month FTC based in Hertforshire (ELSTREE)