You are here
- Legal Biller
- Legal Biller - 3 mth contract
About Our Client
The revenue teams are located on the business floors, ensuring the effective delivery of time and billing functions to the legal teams. Each team currently consists of one team leader and three or four revenue co-ordinators.
The role requires a self-starter with significant experience in billing/revenue and a high degree of excel competence. Initially the emphasis will be on billing and some detailed transactional reporting.
The role of Revenue Administrator plays a crucial function in providing a revenue service to specific areas of the London practice, including time management, billing and client reporting.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Preparation of monthly invoices for designated Practice area/s
- Take responsibility for quality and accuracy and adherence to SRA Accounts Rules and VAT regulations
- Reporting to include time narratives and basic WIP reports. Time transfers and deletions, narrative amendments. Dealing with time entry requests. File closures.
- Liaise closely with WIP Controllers in respect of all billing instructions particularly in relation to high value or and/or high profile matters.
- Undertake further duties as directed by the Revenue Team Leader and/or Financial Controller
The Successful Applicant
Skills and Experience Required
- A team player with strong communication skills and the confidence to liaise at all levels.
- Adaptable and able to complete tasks without close supervision.
- Self-motivated, dedicated and ability to display a sense of humour.
- Strong legal billing experience, ideally reflecting use of a recognized legal practice management system (e.g. Aderant Expert, Elite or SAP).
- Good working knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook and general familiarity with IT systems.
- An ability to process e-bills is an advantage.
- Must be articulate and professional in delivery, with a well-developed sense of discretion.
Must be flexible over hours and prepared to work occasional overtime when required, in particular at month ends.
What's on Offer
In return we will offer a 3 to 6 mth temporary contract with a leading city law firm, paying £25-30k dependent on experience.
Please only apply if you can start the role within 1 week. Candidates need to be immediately available or available on a couple of days notice as my client will not wait for 1 mths notice.