You are here
IT Cost Controller
- Management reporting, budgeting, forecasting. Business case and project support.
- Knowledge of IT and Shared Services highly advantageous
About Our Client
A massive global business with a instantly recognisable brand, based in luxury modern offices in the Weybridge area with free parking and easy access via public transport.
To succeed in the IT Cost Controller, you will need to build effective relationships across multiple divisions and establish credibility with colleagues at all levels, including at Director level. Working across multiple teams, functions and divisions, the successful candidate must have strong communication and stakeholder management skills, be proactive in identifying areas for development and have a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Project lead to implement a new financial tool and associated processes to support Global IT and IT Shared Services in the planning, control and recovery of IT costs.
- Work closely with Global IT and IT Finance teams to understand current cost and recharge models and leading the transition to a software solution, redefining and agreeing new processes where necessary
- Develop close relationships with Global IT and Finance teams, identifying further opportunities for improvement in IT Financial Management and working with our 3rd party supplier to deliver these
- Actively promote the principles and benefits of IT Financial Management across Global IT and Finance, ensuring optimal value is derived from the new tool.
- Be the key contact with the 3rd party providers business process support team
- Be the first point of contact for customer queries with the tool
- Development of monthly management information for multiple and varied stakeholders, from Executive level to IT consumers
- Identify opportunities to leverage synergies across IT through aligned financial reporting and benchmarking
- Support IT Finance teams with adhoc queries in the new tool
- Supporting the budgeting and forecasting process in the new tool
- Support in the monthly inter-company reconciliation process
- Support IT Financial Accountants to manage the monthly recharge process to 40+ Internal customers
- Support IT Financial Accountants to perform the periodic true-up process of recharges
- Work with IT Service owners and customers to agree recharge methodologies for cost allocation
- Support statutory audit preparation and on going support with auditors during audit periods
- Support adhoc requests and projects
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate for the IT Cost Controller role will;
- Be a CIMA/ACCA Finalist or equivalent
have the ability to build strong relationships and networks across the organisation at all levels
- excellent analytical skills
- Ability to deliver / drive change and significant improvements
- have well-developed project accounting skills
- Strong understanding of IT or other Shared Services models a significant advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and it's more advanced features, including Pivot Tables and V Lookups
What's on Offer
The IT Cost Controller role can pay between £40-50,000 + excellent benefits (please apply for details)