You are here
Interim Operations Manager
£250 - £350 per day (£64,995 - £90,993)
- Interim operations manager
- Greater Manchester
About Our Client
The client is a leading brand based in Greater Manchester - looking for an interim operations manager to join their warehousing operation.
- The Interim Operations Manager will Report into the General Manager
- Will build and maintain a positive and interactive partnership with key members of the clients' management teams in line with CRM strategy agreed with GM
- Will provide the leadership and motivation of the management team ensuring that they consistently achieve day-to-day excellence on an ongoing basis, as well as the continued development and succession planning of the team through performance reviews and structure meetings
- Excellent communication skills in order to be an active part of the overall site employee engagement climate in a non -unionised environment
- Must adopt a proactive approach to the service demands of the customer ensuring that opportunities are identified and exploited, whilst ensuring the day to day excellence in the on going operations is achieved.
- Will need to be proactive in seeking out initiatives that ensure this important site is able to support the customer's business plan and supply chain strategy.
- Operate in an "Open Book" and "closed book" environment where decisions and performance will be under close scrutiny at regular formal internal and customer reviews
- Promote the use of safe working practices in line with all relevant Health and Safety Legislation.
- Demonstrate an effective working relationship with the client, representing a pro-active approach to potential problems.
The Successful Applicant
- Must have a proven track record of operating at Operations Manager level within a demanding ambient environment.
- Must demonstrate proven track record of managing warehouse operations, requiring both accuracy and high productivity and posses experience in a diverse, sensitive and service orientated environment.
- Will have excellent leadership, influencing and communication skills in order to maximise the effectiveness of your own team ensuring that they are well informed and motivated to achieve their performance goals and the KPI's of the Contract
- Above will be supported with effective / structured process management skill to ensure effective delegation and accountability
- Must possess the above skills and proactively engage with the senior team to support the business strategy as a key member of the high performance team
- Must have the interpersonal skills to establish effective communication channels with employees ensuring that they are well informed about the site and the wider business of both Wincanton and the customer
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to provide the budgetary and financial controls and be able to operate effectively in a stringent financial environment involving regular detailed and comprehensive customer reviews.
- Must have the energy, determination and commitment to operate in an environment where regular customer contact and scrutiny is the norm and effective customer communication is essential.
What's on Offer
The role will be on a short term contract and pay will be negotiable based on experience