You are here
This position is now filled
- Fantastic opportunity within a globally recognised healthcare company
- 6-9 month fixed term contract to start at short notice.
About Our Client
A successful pharmaceutical company based in Harrow.
HR Operational Tasks:
- Prepare all staff correspondence and ensure information is processed efficiently and accurately for new starters and for amendments to existing employee terms and conditions, including contracts, supporting documents and any documents required for the payroll department.
- Initiate, monitor and update database records and personal record files in order to maintain accurate data and its confidentiality.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the HR Team, including for example secretarial support, assistance in preparing for hearings, investigations, meetings and training programmes.
- Demonstrate an understanding of HR policies and processes and provide first line advice and guidance to managers and staff on their application in the workplace
- Support the HR team in research and analysis to enable the implementation of projects and the achievement of the HR objectives. In doing so demonstrate the learning from the CPP qualification or CIPD studies.
- Undertake specific projects as requested and to provide support across the HR function to other HR colleagues (e.g. participate in interviewing and selection processes, recruitment fairs/open days, take minutes, prepare and/or deliver presentations etc.)
- Contribute to the continual improvement in the provision of HR practice within the business, by suggesting changes to working practices to improve customer service and efficiency including means of enhancing the job holders own personal performance.
- Play an active role, alongside HR, endorsing Equal Opportunities in the introduction and progression of all employees, both new and old and in ensuring that at all times such staff are aware of their roles and responsibilities they hold within the Company.
- Supplying and obtaining standard Employment References.
- Updating employee information to Staff Database and ensuring it is accurate at all times.
- Maintaining HR reporting in a consistent and accurate manner - e.g. management information, headcount reporting, diversity, costs etc.
Recruitment and Immigration Coordination:
- Responsible for the coordination of the full recruitment cycle, from role and person specification definition, immigration documentation, advertisement, interviewing and through to offer and Company induction.
- Preparation of standard offers and contract documentation.
- Update recruitment statistics on an on-going basis and ensure accuracy at all times.
- All recruitment administration, including, but not limited to job descriptions, maintaining record of agency agreements, preparing adverts, arranging interview times, processing expenses, and liaising with interviewees and agencies.
- Proactively review recruitment campaigns and identify trends, with recommendations for improvements.
Filing & Managing Data:
- Maintain staff and HR filing systems, ensuring documents are filed in a timely fashion and staff files are accurate and complete
- Provide administrative support for the appraisal system as well as driving managers and employees to complete the appraisals and assist with training managers to deliver effective performance appraisals.
- Handle distribution, processing and recording of all training records
- Record all training-related statistics
- Input to annual training plan and continuous assessment of training needs
- Monitor and record all absence records, providing weekly/monthly reports including Bradford Factor and highlighting areas of concern to Business Partner and making recommendations for action
The Successful Applicant
Skills, Experience and Knowledge:
- Strong IT skills including MS Office (advanced Excel a must, Visio desirable)
- Generalist HR background with proven experience in providing a first class administrative service with a busy HR department.
- Ability to demonstrate calm objectivity in a pressurised, results driven environment, whilst successfully dealing with often changing and conflicting priorities.
- Highly organised with excellent organisational and time management skills; high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ideally educated to A Level or Degree standard/CIPD Qualified or working towards.
What's on Offer
A 6-9 month HR Officer opportunity (fixed term contract with potential to go perm), working within a pharmaceutical company.
Offering a competitive salary. Based in Harrow.