You are here
This position is now filled
HR Business Partner
- A brand new HR Business Partner role working for a leading brand
- Competitve salary & benefits - based in Newmarket, Cambridge
About Our Client
My client are a leading company, within the science and research industry, based in Newmarket, Cambridge.
Key accountabilities of the HR Business Partner include
- Manage the recruitment authorisation process and support the management team with recruitment and selection of senior positions as appropriate; conducts interviews and assessments based on competencies and recommends compensation packages as appropriate.
- Provide and maintain accurate reporting of resourcing activity.
- Maintains close relationships with resource providers and keeps up to date with the evolving talent market place.
- Implements the company performance management process and provides training and coaching to line managers in appraisal and objective setting.
- Provides advice and support on handling and resolving capability matters in line with company policy & procedure and current legislation
Learning & Development:
- Carry out training needs analysis for employees and makes recommendations for appropriate training interventions.
- Ensure managers are coached and developed to improve capabilities and confidence in managing people related matters.
- Supports training programmes as required.
- Provide support with the company's induction process and program locally to ensure new employees are inducted into the company's vision, values, culture, history, policies and best practices.
- Supports the HR Manager - UK in responding to tenders and advises on the impact and management of TUPE transfers in/out.
- Implements employee satisfaction feedback survey and follow-through actions
- Contributes to the development of reward and recognition schemes.
- Provides advice and support on handling and resolving employee relations matters in line with company policies, procedures and current legislation.
- Ensures that the company's grievances, capability and disciplinary procedures are in place and understood.
Organisational Development and Change:
- Supports local management in ensuring that organisation structures are fit for purpose.
- Supports local management in developing people and succession plans.
- Develops change management tactics to implement organisation changes and the introduction of new working practices
- Supports the implementation of redundancy programmes and consultation as required.
- To contribute to the updating and deployment of HR policies and procedures.
- To undertake project related activities and sponsorship as agreed from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
Specification of the HR Business Partner
- Graduate calibre with appropriate professional qualification.
- Previous exposure working within a demanding, competitive commercial environment.
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment law with particular knowledge of managing transfers, and organisational change.
- Sound knowledge of Leading HR principles, practices and their application in meeting business requirements.
- Exposure in Job Evaluation and or the use of assessment techniques including psychometric instruments would be desirable.
- High level influencing skills coupled with presence and the strength of personality to make a positive impact with demanding line management colleagues.
- Manages time and resources effectively; meets mutually agreed deadlines and flags delays and obstacles.
- Handles multiples tasks/ situations at one time.
- Communicates openly and clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Team player with the ability to network effectively.
- Role model behaviour
- Manages conflict effectively.
- Seeks innovative solutions.
- Accepts personal responsibility to make things happen.
- Self-reliant, working with minimal control and direction.
- Earns credibility and trust.
- Gains commitment to action from a range of people.
- Adapts quickly and positively to new situations.
- Drives change; challenges the status quo.
What's on Offer
A brand new permanent HR BP opportunity, based in Newmarket, Cambridge. Offering up to Â£35,000 in salary and a great benefits package.