You are here
Head Office Accountant
- Leading UK Company recrutiing a confident Head Office Accountant
- Based in excellent offices they are a professional and organically grown company
About Our Client
This client of mine is a public company quoted on the LSE and has an reputation for being at the cutting edge of innovation and technology. This Head Office Accountant position is based in Luton offices sitting alongside the Board and with a very commercially driven viewpoint for the business.
Head Office Accountant duties and responsibilities
- Completion of month end accounting and reporting for the corporate companies. Prepare and post journals including accruals and prepayments.
- Report corporate company results in the group consolidation system (BPC);
- Ownership of the monthly roll forward and FX rate setup for BPC, assistance may be required during month end to support the divisional businesses with their BPC uploads;
- Review of corporate costs against budget, forecasts and long term plan.
- Analyse and explain variances to cost centre owners;
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of transactions for the corporate entities during the month including AP invoices, payroll, expenses and banking entries
- Daily control of all bank accounts and overdrafts;
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts with supporting evidence;
- Maintain records of external borrowings and group loans. Report levels of mcash and borrowings weekly to ensure efficient debt structure and effective cash management;
- Prepare and consolidate monthly treasury forecasts and propose internal and external FX deals to mitigate FX exposure in the Group. Monthly processing of the agreed FX deals through various bank trading platforms with assistance when required from the Group FC;
- Prepare monthly cash flow forecasts by currency for Corporate companies and consolidate all divisional cash flow forecasts to assist in the monthly loan drawdown decision and debt management;
- Prepare schedules and provide explanations required for the auditors;
- Preparation of share options workings including IFRS 2 and NI for the Group for distribution of charges to divisions at half year and year end as well as facilitate statutory returns made by the Assistant Company Secretary;
- Preparation of information for the corporate division budgets, forecasts and strategic plans;
- Support the Group FC across a number of areas including but not limited to: ad hoc support on review and consolidation of budgets/forecasts and strategic plans; managing the FX and interest rate treasury strategy engaging with divisional businesses as appropriate; preparation of information for completion of corporation tax returns and statutory accounts.
- Opportunities could arise to gain exposure to the group consolidation process, assessment of accounting treatments under accounting standards, internal audits in overseas subsidiaries, development of process efficiencies and improvements.
The Successful Applicant
This Luton, Capability green based role within Technology and Engineering sector are looking for someone who is;
- CIMA or ACCA part qualified or at the final stages of their studies
- The role requires strong interpersonal skills. There will be interaction with main Board Directors and other senior members of the company in a small, friendly head office.
- The position also works alongside operating unit finance teams in the UK and Europe, with auditors and with other external advisors.
- The individual will need to be keen to learn a wider range of skills. The individual must be comfortable working with SAP and knowledge and experience in using the BPC consolidation system is highly desired.
- The individual must be highly proficient in analysing and processing data clearly and efficiently in MS Excel.
- Whilst the individual will be provided with support in the Finance team, there is an expectation that this individual will be diligent in the work performed and be able to self-review adequately to produce information and analysis to a very high standard.
What's on Offer
My client are a passionate and organically grown business who maintain their position as major players in their sector. As a double digit growth publicly traded business they have created an inclusive and entrepreneurial culture. The thing that really stands out at this business and in this role is the progression possibilities on offer