You are here
This position is now filled
Head of Fleet & Buildings
- Head of Fleet & Buildings
- Government Department, Public Sector
About Our Client
My client is a public sector body / government department that focuses on sustainable land management, renewable energy and agriculture within Scotland.
There is an exciting opportunity to join the senior management team either within Edinburgh or Inverness. The available position is a Head of Fleet & Buildings.
This role will lead and manage the buildings and capital works and mechanical engineering teams and the service they provide.
The Head of Fleet & Buildings will lead and manage the buildings and capital works and mechanical engineering teams and the service they provide.
The purpose of the role is to develop a first rate customer service ethos. Using existing, or by introducing new systems, provide high quality management information to inform tactical business and strategic investment decisions, and challenge the business to make savings, efficiencies and improvements.
The role will include, but will not be limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Implement good staff management practices, promoting learning and development within the team and encourage a diverse workforce
- Encourage and support continuous improvement of processes, Health & Safety and Welfare practice
- Oversee and take responsibility for all business planning and monitoring, and the allocation of capital to and between fleet and buildings
- Ensure the development and delivery against key performance indicators for the service
- Develop and embed a customer service ethos approach to working with the rest of the business
The Successful Applicant
- A working knowledge and involvement in service delivery
- Experience of managing large revenue and capital budgets, and use of financial systems budget planning and control
- Experience of managing a large team over multiple sites
- Programme and Project Management experience
- A current understanding of building and facilities management and / or vehicle fleet management
- Knowledge of fleet and / or buildings management software
- Knowledge of purpose built forestry related machine fleet management
- Relevant professional qualifications in Building Management Surveying and / or Mechanical Engineering
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary & Benefits