You are here
Group Assistant Accountant
- Working for an international travel company
- 6 month fixed term contract
About Our Client
This bespoke, luxury hospitality company is looking for a Group Assistant Accountant to join their team for a 6-month period, possibly longer term or even permanent, whilst the company is going through a period of rapid growth and exciting changes.
They are looking for an accounts professional with the ability to liaise with senior stakeholders within the business. Ideally this will be a part-qualified finance graduate with a relaxed but hard-working approach.
This is a great opportunity to join a start-up company in its first decade - there are tricky problems and stimulating challenges to be solved every day.
This role is critical to preparing each location's results and an overall consolidated group view. Additional tasks include identifying and recommending process improvements, building relationships with internal and external business partners including payment service providers and banks.
This will be based in the City of London.
Group Assistant Accountant, City of London
Roles and Duties:
- Intercompany month-end close, including journal entries, revaluation and reconciliation.
- Maintaining the consolidation tool and collaborating with the tech team to further automate the consolidation process
- Assisting on central cost codes (acquisition marketing, card fees); allocation of costs to cities and reconciling accounts
- Being the key contact with payment service providers; handling all aspects of guest cash (bookings to cash, cash in transit).
- Administering online bank accounts and credit cards with monthly reconciliation of accounts and responding to chargeback queries
- Issuing and redeeming credit notes
- Supporting the fixed asset process across the group
- Calculating and posting stock usage
- Involvement with new accounting system implementation
The Successful Applicant
- 1 BA degree in finance, accounting, economics or other quantitative major
- Solid accounting knowledge and looking to pursue a career in finance demonstrated by currently working towards a further qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- Prior consolidation experience is a plus
- Proven, excellent excel skills
- Strong analytical skills as well as the ability to present information clearly and concisely
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision with the ability to pick out inaccuracies
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and displays strong problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, well organised, able to multitask and be a team player
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be paid between £13-17 per hour.