You are here
Graduate Business Support Officer
About Our Client
Our client is a specialist defendant insurance practice with offices all over England and associated offices in Scotland. The firm works with insurance companies, corporate and public sector clients.
They have developed carefully tailored packages to meet specific needs stretching from a traditional relationship to the provision of bespoke in-house services. The firm has a reputation for responding innovatively to client needs, utilising the experience of its staff, emphasising the highest quality and focusing on managing costs in all cases.
You will be required to provide office based legal administrative support to the team including dealing with email correspondence, filing, scanning and faxing, to include chasing experts, CRU, witnesses etc., dealing with telephone calls (both internally and externally), travel booking, diary management including meeting bookings and court dates/counsel, gathering and recording of client MI, administering the case management system and maintaining other office systems.
Responsible for financial transactions such as cheque requests, cheque cancellations and dealing with expenses submissions for approval.
Ad hoc administrative duties as directed by line manager when necessary.
The Successful Applicant
- Exposure to a legal/insurance administrative environment (1 year)
- Case management experience
- Telephone call handling experience
- Knowledge and understanding of basic office procedures and terminology
- Be able to complete routine and non-routine tasks in an office environment
- Be able to plan and organise both familiar and new tasks
- Be able to use a problem-solving approach to respond appropriately to a wide range of enquiries
- Can produce and respond to detailed written and oral communication in an office setting
- Can use standard applications to process, obtain and combine information
- Be able to work using own initiative or with others on tasks with minimum supervision
- Show an awareness of others' roles, responsibilities and requirements when carrying out your work
What's on Offer
A competitive starting salary for someone looking to progress and make their mark.