You are here
A time-critical logistics environment with a daily challenge
A dynamic and tenacious candidate is required for a fast-paced operation
About Our Client
My client operates out of their hub in Derbyshire and primarily deals with the import and export of fast-paced air and sea freight deliveries. Their business is rapidly expanding and they currently contract out to many house-hold names and market leading global brands. Their business has expanded considerably over the last few years and their brand has now become a premium within the time-critical logistics arena.
The successful Freight Supervisor will report directly into the company Operations Manager and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Working in a time-critical environment across air and sea freight
- Resolve customer queries and solve logistics problems
- Actively monitoring of all shipments and setting our customer's expectations
- Providing excellent customer service
- Providing quotes and price indications to our customers
- Providing import/export solutions, when dealing with HMRC regulations.
- Producing all relevant shipping paperwork and arranging transport and collections.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal Freight Supervisor will have the following skills and attributes:
- Previous experience in a time dependant logistics environment is essential.
- 3 years + experience in air freight background.
- Ideally IATA or other Dangerous Goods certificate qualified.
- Ideally IMDG by Sea certified.
- Desirably educated to Degree, or equivalent, level.
- Strong experience in Import/Export regulations, ideally with a worldwide remit.
- Ability to work a variety of morning and afternoon shifts, with weekend work.
- Flexibility, positive and outgoing attitude.
- The drive and tenacity to succeed, while delivering excellent customer service.
- The ability to commute within the wider Derbyshire area.
- Experience of the following systems would be beneficial: Hawbs, Manifest, Mawb.
What's on Offer