You are here
- Understanding, consolidating, analysing and communicating financial information
- Large company background Financial Analyst role
About Our Client
This Technology business have state of the art offices in Leighton Buzzard and have up kept their commitment to investors over the last 50 years, which remains evident in everything about the company. This organisation hire talented individuals and allow them to work together. Office doors are always open, and everyone is on a first-name basis. Believing the best ideas emerge from a culture of collaboration and in this Financial Analyst position it will be no different
Financial Analyst duties and responsibilities
- Consolidation of the Groups financial results (including all departments, subsidiaries and associates).
- Transitioning a number of the Group's subsidiaries from previous UK GAAP to the new UK financial reporting framework.
- Responsibility for hedge accounting, including the assessment of the impacts of changes in the market and demand to contract terms, calculating hedge effectiveness and hedging forecast preparation.
- Deliver technical accounting updates on new accounting and financial reporting developments.
- Responsible for reporting subsidiary financial information to subsidiary Boards, Leadership Team and Company Secretaries.
- Produce annual Finance Plan and Business Plans for a number of subsidiaries and departments.
- Preparation of the Annual Report and interim financial reporting, hedging and taxation notes.
- Preparing analysis and explaining the impact of the Group's hedging activity on actual corporate financial performance on a monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc basis.
- Liaising with Group's strategic hedging team to provide analysis of proposed hedging activity on the Group's financial reporting.
- Preparing impact assessments on changes to accounting standards and developing implementation plans for those impacting the Group.
- Leading the implementation of IFRS 15 and being the key interface for Finance. Support the Technical Finance Manager by performing technical research, analysis and drafting technical papers where appropriate on emerging technical accounting issues.
- Prepare statutory accounts for a number of centrally managed subsidiaries
The Successful Applicant
1. Part qualified accountant with a minimum of four year's related accounting experience in similar roles with specific Financial Analyst - Group Reporting experience a positive
2. Previous experience within a technology company linked to asset management or financial services an advantage
3. Advanced excel along with Oracle (PeopleSoft, Essbase, Hyperion) experience an advantage.
4. Prior large company experience with excellent book-keeping and accounting double entry skills.
5. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
6. Accuracy and attention to detail essential.
7. Self-starter; ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment on various projects to achieve desired results.
8. Strong interpersonal, organisational and analytical skills required.
9. Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment required.
What's on Offer
Market leading package with the opportunity to fast track your career to a Financial Controller position