You are here
- Opportunity with an impressive international business
- Previous financial reporting experience required
About Our Client
Our client based near Thame is an impressive international organisation with over 1,000 employees working globally with an unrivalled reputation for providing high quality tailored services within their field.
The Financial Accountant will provide support to the centralized Group Reporting function within the Finance team. Typical independent duties will include:
- Preparing multi-currency Consolidated Financial Statements (P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow Statement and Notes) for regional group companies in Excel on monthly/yearly basis.
- Analysing (including automated checks in Excel) and making necessary adjustments to group companies' Financial Statements to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Preparing, Reconciling and Analysing relevant schedules supporting the Financial Statements for regional group companies.
- Preparing variance analysis on Business and Finance KPI's for regional group companies including comparison with budgets/forecasts including Excel graphs/charts/tables.
- Creating quality Excel templates to ensure consistency/standardisation in the reporting process.
- Liaising with accounting teams of various regional group companies for obtaining/providing necessary inputs for the Analysis, Financial Statements and other reporting requirements.
- Maintaining and preserving complete audit trail of all the reports prepared.
- Generating relevant reports from the Accounting software for regional group companies for various reporting purposes.
- Assisting in providing support to regional finance teams on technical / accounting / reconciliation /tax related issues.
- Assisting in Forecasting/Budgeting/Planning process.
- Assisting in year-end UK GAAP/IFRS Consolidation process.
- Assisting on various change management related projects.
- Assisting in managing/organizing business information related processes/systems.
- Assisting in Tax related work/reconciliations for UK and overseas.
- Assisting in other functions as may be required.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Proven Academic Achievement - Ideally the candidate will be a Graduate and be studying for a professional Accounting qualification.
- Hands on experience on the specific duties in a similar role is required, though professional qualification with somewhat lesser experience is also acceptable.
- Experience with the technicalities of the preparation of a full set of Financial Statements in multi-currency and multi company setup.
- Basic understanding and hands on experience of the preparation and analysis of multi-currency Financial Statements including Cash Flow Statements
- Advanced level of MS-Excel, Excel 2010/13/16
- Ability to independently prepare the monthly reporting packs of regional group companies with attention to detail
- Knowledge of local GAAP
- Hands on experience in dealing with Consolidation and Statutory Reporting
- Flexibility - The candidate must be able and willing to work flexible/extended hours in line with the busier periods to achieve the deadlines.
- Work Ethic- A desire to work independently, with attention to detail, providing accurate information according to group deadlines is considered essential. Must thrive on time pressures.
What's on Offer
The salary on offer is between £32,000 and £37,500 + car allowance.
As well as a competitive basic salary, the successful candidate will receive a comprehensive benefits package. This includes 25 days holiday, cash car allowance, generous group pension plan contribution, BUPA Private Medical cover and Cash Plan, death-in-service life cover, payment of annual professional membership subscription, study assistance, annual travel insurance and more.