You are here
FINANCE OFFICER: INCOME RECONCILLATION
- Must be immediately available
- Must have the relevant experience
About Our Client
My client is located right next to Surbiton station, you can almost see their offices when you walk out of the station. They have a very family feel office.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Uplift daily reports from Centres' systems to Sage. This process is to be automated and the post holder will oversee this process. Until then, post all receipts in to the cash book and associated ledgers.
- Reconcile daily till takings and banking to Amis/Plus 2 reports, or any other system that may be introduced for all Centres.
- Reconcile credit card/PDQ and PayPal takings to receipts on a daily basis.
- Post PDQ and PayPal receipts in to the cash book.
- Reconcile PDQ accounts to receipts in the bank.
- Periodically check Plus 2 reports to ensure the postings in SAGE are in agreement.
- Monitor application of VAT and that prices of activities/ products are entered/amended correctly in Plus 2.
- Process deferred income and accruals as shown on Plus 2.
- Prepare Childcare Vouchers Schedules, distribute and post into Sage.
- Bank all other receipts and post into Sage.
- Liaise with all sites in connection with banking differences and other queries.
- Post income received through bank and follow up on unidentified items.
The Successful Applicant
A good understanding of book-keeping and accounting procedures
A general understanding of UK company and charity laws and housing regulatory requirements
Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Excel and Word
Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Sage 200
Have an understanding of VAT
IT knowledge including databases
Basic book-keeping/accounts experience in a work environment
Working in a Housing Association, Health & Fitness, Childcare and/or Charity environment
Excel and Word
Previous use of electronic procurement system
Previous use of corporate online banking system
SAGE 200 or other accounting and business packages (including other modules in Microsoft Office)
APTITUDES AND SKILLS
Able to work flexibly as part of a team
Able to work occasional unsocial hours
Good attention to detail
Demonstrate initiative and take independent action appropriate to the job
Communicate effectively verbally and in writing
Able to liaise effectively with a wide range of people
Good organisational skills, being able to work under pressure and to prioritise & meet deadlines
What's on Offer
- Immediate start
- Modern offices
- Free lunches
- Competitive salary