You are here
About Our Client
Our client is a large corporate organisation in Annesley who are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join them on a Temporary basis for 6 months. This position may progress into a longer term opportunity.
Reporting directly to the Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for supporting accounts receivable, accounts payable and other finance processes, as advised by the Finance Manager and Management Accountant.
- Assist Finance Manager with payroll administration such as maintaining prepayment schedules for employee advances for rental deposits, season ticket loans, child care vouchers and company credit cards
- Assist the Credit Controller with credit control processes and maintaining good relationships with customers, as required.
- Assist the Accounts Payable clerk with payments and vendor invoice approvals, as required.
- Assist the Accounts Payable clerk and Management Accountant with standard costing vs. actual vendor invoice matching and analysis of variances
- Assist the Management Accountant and Financial Analyst to maintain the GP analysis and to update the document with details of credit notes and other manual adjustments raised. The COGS impact should also be assessed together with any manual adjustments to sales.
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as part of the month end reconciliation process
- Co-ordinate with other Finance Team members to ensure that month end deliverables are completed on time
- Undertake any other duties as directed by the Finance Manager and Management Accountant such as:
- Processing journals at month end
- Resolving Ad hoc queries at month end
The Successful Applicant
- Basic accounting knowledge (obtained through experience / accounting qualification)
- Strong IT skills (particularly experience using Excel and Word)
- Systems knowledge of SAP is considered favorably
- University degree (specializing in accounting and finance), OR
- Basic accounting qualification / studying an accounting qualification
- Experience working in a professional environment
- Experience working in a Finance department is considered favourably
This role would suit someonetryigng to progress themselves
What's on Offer
A competitive hourly rate for a 6 month period and the chance to progress within a well established growing brand.