You are here
- Part-Qualified or Finalist level Finance Analyst for a leading Bank
- Located in Brentwood, Essex
About Our Client
The client is a specialist UK lending and savings bank founded to serve the needs of SMEs and individuals in the UK with a range of lending and saving products.
They differentiate themselves by concentrating on markets where their specialist knowledge and personalised approach to underwriting offer a competitive advantage. This supports attractive, stable return, sustainable growth and also benefits businesses and consumers in parts of the market which continue to be poorly served by traditional high street banks.
The Financial Control Group team are required to liaise with all business units to ensure transactions are recorded at month end in line with the group timetable, and are correct and complete.
- Assist in completion of journals and detailed analysis / reconciliation as required to aid Month End closure (e.g. accruals, cost analysis and ownership).
- Aid the completion of the monthly group management accounts, ensuring all information is accurate and departure from budget comprehensively explained.
- Production and analysis of the Group Executive MI to the Board, with key emphasise on accurate financial reporting and providing initial high level commentary.
- Identify and understand relevant KPI's of the Group, as well as at each divisional level.
- Ensure timely and accurate production of management information for submission to the CEO, CFO and board.
- Preparation and review of divisional management information and performance packs, including initial commentary.
- Assist and provide support to the Group Finance Managers across all areas, helping them to drive changes, improvements and additional analysis as required.
- Enable the Group Reporting team to implement standardised reporting that allows the business group and divisions to have one single source of the truth for MI and analysis.
- Preparation of other weekly and monthly reporting as applicable, such as the Bank's Risk Appetite Statement Dashboard, ensuring an understanding of the subject matter to provide initial commentary.
- Ability to manipulate large sets of data feeds for analysis and review.
- Ability to build excel based analysis for review by business units.
- Ad-hoc commercial analysis.
- Assist in the on-going cost review as part of the budget & forecasting process.
- Assist with the collation of data from divisions for Revenue budgets and review system outputs for sign off by board, whilst gaining an in depth understanding of the key revenue drivers of the business.
- Ownership of relationship with Data Team to ensure all views and logic are as intended, and variances are questioned, understanding the system feed and links
- Maintain and develop appropriate financial systems, in conjunction with business needs.
- Experience and ability to interpret ad-hoc information and provide key financial analysis on a standalone basis
- Various ad-hoc tasks as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
- Previous experience of preparing and analysis of Management Accounts, Management Information, Board MI, planning and budgeting essential.
- Experience of preparing commentary on business performance.
- Competent at providing accurate and timely information to a high standard, within tight deadlines and time frames.
- Minimum 5 years experience working within accountancy/finance based roles.
- Minimum 2 years working in a similar position within a Medium to Large business.
- Financial Services background beneficial but not essential.
- Analytical with commercial and financial acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience of working in a fast paced environment, comfortable and adaptable to continuous change.
- Be able to employ a questioning mind, always keen to understand the detail in order to achieve the correct result and drive the most accurate analysis.
- An ambitious individual with an appetite to be part of a growing company, wanting to understand the key business drivers in order to enhance their own skills whilst adding value. Willing to analyse and challenge financial information at all levels.
What's on Offer
Competitive Salary plus Benefits