You are here
Tax & VAT Reporting Analyst
Excellent business with great prospects
About Our Client
Page Personnel is a market leading financial recruitment specialist, part of the Page Group. Our client based in Cardiff and is looking to appoint an Finance Analyst on a permanent basis.
As Finance Analyst you will be -
- Review and approve journals for posting to the accounting system as part of statutory financial or regulatory reporting, in accordance with Finance Operations timetable.
- Responsible for financial reconciliations, including the investigation and clearance of outstanding items, as per deadlines mandated in the Finance Operations timetable, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained.
- Contribute to the accurate and timely preparation of the monthly financial / management accounts, related revenue and balance sheet commentary, tax or other regulatory returns or other management information, in accordance with Finance Operations timetable.
- Assist and deliver analytical support and management information, as well as ad hoc requests.
- Adhere to robust financial controls in compliance with Group Standards, statutory and regulatory requirements and the risk and control framework. Assist internal or external auditors as and when required.
- Identify and resolve issues and errors found in Finance Operations processes, as well identifying opportunities for process improvement, adding and maintaining them on the continuous improvement log and processing them through to execution.
- Responsible for the ledger maintenance and undertaking audits on the Expense ledger chart of accounts and asset register, ensuring the reasons for reconciling items are clearly and concisely explained, with action plans in place to resolve.
- Maintain procedure notes, RACI, process maps, user guides and policy documents ensuring they are up to date and fit for purpose. Provide cross training within the team.
- Support the team with project work as and when required.
The Successful Applicant
To apply for the role of Finance Analyst you will need -
- Either, part or newly qualified accountant (ACCA / CIMA studier), or, with at least 3 years relevant experience within Finance/Accounting environment.
- Experience in the preparation of reconciliations, financial/tax analysis/reporting is essential.
- Experience of working on a core accounting system and performing ledger postings and reconciliations.
- Experience of using, extracting and reporting data from accounting and other office based administration systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of staff throughout the business and prepared to actively participate in meetings. The ability to listen to others and challenge to ensure understanding of their viewpoint.
- Attention to detail and able to work accurately to tight deadlines. Perform inbuilt reconciliations and can identify errors in outputs.
- Able to work independently or as part of a team, while planning and prioritising tasks.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills, with an ability to identify process improvement opportunities.
- Proactively seeks solutions to problems and escalates concerns and challenges existing processes and suggest improvements.
- Clarifies objectives, aims and timescales to deliver the required outcome. Can prioritise workloads effectively and obtain relevant information to assist in decision-making.
- Build and develops strong relationships with peers and within Finance Operations leadership team, as well as acting as a valued business partner to other parts of the business.
What's on Offer
Up to £25k plus study plus bonus