You are here
Executive Assistant to the Headmistress
- Wycombe Abbey is at the forefront of girls' boarding education in the UK.
- Candidates will have a background in a strategic business environment.
About Our Client
Wycombe Abbey is one of the world's most successful boarding schools. Set in magnificent grounds spanning more than 160 acres, the School offers modern facilities and is ideally located near the centre of High Wycombe.
The School was founded in 1896 as a pioneer in girls' education. Pupils are aged between 11 and 18 and of the 600 girls currently enrolled, 560 are full boarders.
The School has a truly impressive record of academic success and is consistently one of the top performers in public examination league tables.
Wycombe Abbey is committed to preparing its pupils to be the leaders of the next generation. In order to provide young women with the skills and confidence to thrive in every field, the School is currently engaged in a £50 million, ten year plan to modernise its teaching and boarding provision.
Having recently opened the first Wycombe Abbey International School in Changzhou, the School's plans for the future will also consist of an important global focus.
This role offers the opportunity to join a prestigious Independent School during an exciting period of growth.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Relationship management of all levels of stakeholders, with respect to access to the Headmistress.
- Liaise effectively with members of the School Leadership team and with other departments to ensure effective and efficient processing of the Headmistress's work with the relevant expertise.
- Research, develop and report on various concepts and projects for the Headmistress, and in conjunction with the School Leadership team.
- Maintain detailed briefing documents and reports on numerous and simultaneous projects.
- Combine information into presentations for a range of audiences.
- Liaise with governing bodies, and manage associated papers.
- Prepare the Headmistress's daily file to ensure that essential paperwork for each meeting is ready, including briefing notes.
- Liaise closely with the Directors of other departments to ensure that their needs are appropriately prioritised.
- Maintain confidential files to ensure that the Headmistress has access to the most up-to-date information and that appropriate files are made ready and given to the Headmistress in advance of meetings on a daily basis.
- Process and collate information for termly reports to Council.
- Coordinate records of any parental complaints/concerns and suspensions/rustications/major sanctions.
- Provide a full clerking service for relevant meetings.
- Prepare for the weekly School Meeting in consultation with the Deputy Head and the Headmistress.
- Work closely with the Deputy Head regarding the Head's role in the operational running of the School
- Perform any other duties to assist in the smooth-running of the Headmistress's office as required.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience of working within a strategic business environment.
- Successful experience of disseminating information and materials in a high-end setting.
- Ability to handle delicate situations with diplomacy and professionalism to mutually beneficial ends.
- A successful track record of support at senior management level, in an often complex and fast-paced environment.
- A high level of IT literacy, particularly with Microsoft Office packages including Word, Powerpoint and Excel.
- Highly developed professional written and verbal communication skills including advanced proofreading and editing skills.
- Resilience and the ability to remain calm under pressure. Ability to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- A methodical approach to organise time effectively, creating work schedules, prioritising workload and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to develop effective and supportive relationships.
- A calm, courteous and welcoming demeanour.
- An understanding of and belief in, or the willingness to learn about, the aims and ethos of independent education.
- Successfully adapts to changing demands and conditions.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Candidates should be aware of the 24/7 nature of a boarding environment, and how this will impact on the working hours of the Executive Assistant.
This role is suitable for candidates looking for a long-term role. As the School goes through an exciting period of growth, the Headmistress is keen to develop a strong support team to facilitate projects alongside her ongoing pastoral and operational duties.
What's on Offer
Offering a highly competitive salary, dependent on experience.
The comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Enrolment in the School pension scheme.
- Free meals during the working day.
- Access to the on-site sports centre at allocated times, including squash courts and indoor pool.
- Free parking on-site.
- Potential for fee remission.