You are here
Birmingham City Centre
About Our Client
The primary function of the role is to process bills for the firm's clients who require their bills to be transmitted electronically. This will include understanding the client's e-billing system as well as how bills are processed in the firm's practice management system and through the E-billing Hub.
- Checking and processing bills in the firm's practice management system for clients who require electronic bills ensuring that bills are processed within the clients specified timescale (if any).
- Generate the electronic files in order to upload onto the e-billing hub or other e-billing platform in accordance with the agreed timescales and payment cycles
- Investigate and resolve on a daily basis all client e-billing system queries and bill rejections, continuous monitoring that UTBMS codes and required narratives are applied to all time entries (with follow up for those fee earners who fail to comply with the necessary client-requested disciplines), addition and amendment of UTBMS time codes when incomplete/incorrect, monthly insertion of UTBMS expense codes for all cost entries.
- Maintaining timekeeper, matter, rates and invoice data held within various e-billing systems for the clients you are responsible for
- Liaising with partners and lawyers to ensure compliance with the firms systems in accordance with agreed protocols for the clients you are responsible for.
- Involvement in the development and testing of e-billing formats.
- Perform regular reconciliation to ensure that all bills on Aderant have been processed through the E-billing Hub (or other e-billing portal)
- Work closely with the appropriate credit controller to ensure they are kept aware of the status of any unpaid bill.
- To escalate any unresolved e-billing issues to the E-billing Supervisor
- Provide cover for and support to the other members of the team where necessary
- Assist with bill processing particularly at the month end.
- Ensure the prompt and accurate production of all bills submitted for processing.
- Ensure the accurate processing of all write offs of un-billable time and disbursements and that all such requests are properly authorised in accordance with the firm's authorisation limits as they might apply from time to time.
- Ensure that all bills submitted for processing comply with all relevant VAT and Solicitor Account Rules.
- Ensure that all bills are checked for numerical accuracy and internal consistency before they are processed.
- Ensure that all bills are sent out as soon as possible after they have been processed (together with the covering letter).
- Ensure that all clients with specific billing arrangements are billed in accordance with those arrangements.
- Ensure credit notes, write-offs and write-downs are correctly authorised and processed in accordance with agreed policies.
The Successful Applicant
- Detailed working knowledge of the Solicitors Accounts Rules and VAT compliance.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and oral). Experience of communicating with all levels within the firm.
- High level of systems/IT literacy including Word & Excel.
- Ability to work with the Practice Management System Aderant and the time recording system Carpe Diem.
- Sound time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- High standard of professionalism and in particular, confidentiality.
- Positive and proactive attitude.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Conscientious, methodical and excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent team player with the ability to work unsupervised.
- Results driven
- Ability and experience of making informed decisions. Approachable and good at forming relationships with people at all levels within the firm, particularly at Partner level.
What's on Offer
Birmingham city Centre
£20,00 - £24,000